Job 19.25-27

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth. Even after my flesh is destroyed, yet from my flesh I shall see God. Whom I myself shall behold, and whom my eyes will see and not another, My heart faints within me." Job 19.25-27

Monday, May 14, 2012

Living with Christ


“we shall live with Him.”

The first part of this verse talks about is death with Christ. Romans chapter six gives a fuller description of this process if you want to read it. The second part of this verse states the opposite. When we die with Christ we live with Him. That is the process. What does this mean?

Accepting Christ as your savior gives you spiritual life. Spiritual life gives you the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit came into your heart the moment you were saved. Spiritual life means you no longer have to worry about dying physically. You know where you are going after your physical body passes away. Spiritual life also means that one day your physical corrupted body will be reunited with your soul and changed to an uncorrupted body.

Spiritual life means living with Christ eternally. Forever and ever you will live with Christ. If you read Romans chapter one you will read that humans have a God shaped hole in them. Humans need God. This is part of being made in God’s Image. Now they may find other ways to fill that hole and cloud God out but there is still that internal yearning for God.

The real tragedy with not accepting Christ as your Savior is that you will be eternally separated from God. Right now the unsaved still enjoy some of the benefits of the presence of God. In the afterlife the unsaved will no longer have those. How sad it will be to be eternally separated from what you were created for. This is not what God wants but it is your choice.


Below is an old hymn written by T. O. Chisholm I thought was appropriate for this:

1.      Living for Jesus a life that is true;
        striving to please him in all that I do,
        yielding allegiance, gladhearted and free,
        this is the pathway of blessing for me.

Refrain:
        O Jesus, Lord and Savior,
        I give myself to thee;
        for thou, in thy atonement,
        didst give thyself for me;
        I own no other master,
        my heart shall be thy throne,
        My life I give, henceforth to live,
        O Christ for thee alone.


2.      Living for Jesus who died in my place,
        bearing on Calvary my sin and disgrace,
        such love constrains me to answer his call,
        follow his leading and give him my all.

        (Refrain)

3.      Living for Jesus wherever I am,
        doing each duty in his holy hame,
        willing to suffer affliction or loss,
        deeming each trial a part of my cross.
        (Refrain)

4.      Living for Jesus through earth's little while,
        my dearest treasure, the light of his smile,
        seeking the lost ones he died to redeem,
        bringing the weary to find rest in him.