Job 19.25-27

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth. Even after my flesh is destroyed, yet from my flesh I shall see God. Whom I myself shall behold, and whom my eyes will see and not another, My heart faints within me." Job 19.25-27

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

God is Faithful (2 Timothy 2.13)


“If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.”


This is the fourth part of the four difficult or trustworthy statements. This is the verse that to me makes the other three not so difficult. What can we say about this verse other than to praise our God?  If we are faithless He is faithful. That if is really a since. Since we are faithless He is faithful. 

None of us are perfect we all fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3.23). We are all faithless at some point in our Christian walk. We have doubts.

He remains faithful.  In spite of our sins, doubts, and willful disobedience God is faithful. This is not a license to sin but it is an assurance that God is not fickle like we can be. We get resentful, hold a grudge and get vindictive towards others that wrong us. He remains faithful though. He does not hold a grudge against us or get resentful or vindictive. God loves the unlovable.

You can trust God because He loves you or you can trust him because He cannot lie. He cannot deny Himself. There has never been a time in my life that God has let me down. I may have thought He did but He did not.  

Hindsight is always 20/20. We look in the past and see that God was there all the time. He had a better plan for us they we did for ourselves. He is faithful to us because He cannot deny His own name.  He promised those who believe in Him that He would be there for them. He cannot lie.


How does this make you feel?
Does it make you want to serve Him more?
We have an awesome God.